When it comes to implementing a perfect SEO roadmap, finding the right keywords is one of the most crucial processes. There are a number of different ways that we can use in discovering new and relevant dental-specific keywords for your dental marketing business to thrive. Some of the most common keyword research methods are in order from simple to advanced i.e. they vary depending upon the range your content needs to reach a particular audience.
- Start with Google AutoComplete: The most simple way is that you type keywords into a Google search bar, and you will get a set of auto-completed results, which can help you in providing an innovative and creative approach towards finding new targets and variations that you may want to consider for your dental practice.
- Login into Google Search Console: It is considered to be an essential tool to monitor search engine optimization along with the technical health of your website. It is credited with submitting sitemaps, keeping a check on the index status of your pages, helping in finding any crawl errors, and checking for mobile usability issues. It also provides search query data for your website. Search query data tells you what your website currently visualizes for the readers when you search for it in Google search results. You can view how many times your website was shown when the query was done, how many times crawlers clicked through to your website, and your average position or ranking when a query is made.
- Take help from Paid Tools: There are many free and paid keyword research tools available with differences in the levels of their quality. The functionality depends on the choice, but most of these offer a great deal with their full potential, if you want to get some more beneficial dentist marketing strategies for keywords then you need to spend some cash. The benefit of many of these tools is worthy for the business given the fact that you are able to research about your competitors, can see what keywords are driving traffic to their websites as well as search for their market analysis about the subject. It will help us in improving our website’s content.
What Not to Do With the Keywords?
Dental websites do make a lot of mistakes by hindering the keywords in order to attract more customers. But even with Orthodontist SEO agency services by your side, some common mistakes in keywords can put a hurdle to the traffic. Dentist SEO will only be able to help with all the factors right for the purpose. Here is a list of some common mistakes that these websites make.
1. Don’t Over Optimize: Over Optimization is also referred to as keyword stuffing, this means packing too many keywords into the same content of a webpage. This could include many different aspects of a webpage including obvious factors such as title tag, meta description, and on-page content. It also covers some less obvious factors such as alt tags, internal link anchor text, and URL addresses. Instead, use paid tools that help to determine keyword density of a page, and character length for metadata across an entire website to make sure that it is of proper length.
2. Ignorance of Semantic Keywords: When search engines decide to rank websites in a particular order for the keyword used then they aren’t just looking for keywords on a website that match a search query but there are some other factors. Semantic keywords are used in similar situations in relevance to one another and help an advanced algorithm like Google deliver more relevant results to its end users.
3. Focusing on Too Many Keywords: A web page certainly wants to rank at the top and this is why they optimize a page to rank for everything. This considerably results in delivering just a few landing pages and too long page titles and meta descriptions. It goes in to make Google confused as to what the page is all about.As a very general rule of thumb followed by every successful website, a page should only target 1 to 3 keywords but there remain exceptions when it comes to semantic keywords. Setting up your website so that it efficiently visualizes a wide keyword pack as a whole takes quite a bit of planning and research with a lot of skills and often utilizes a mix of static commercial pages along with resource-focused pages.
If you are looking to improve your dental business visibility, follow the above-mentioned guide to gather the best performing keywords and get started on your path towards gaining more audience and increased user bookings.